Thursday, May 17, 2012

Part Of My Heart


Today's post is for Consuelo and Luz Prada by their dear niece, Adriana.

I am 100% convinced that you don't need to have children (biologically or adopted) to be a mom and my two aunts are living proof of that.  Even though they have never had any children of their own I consider them to be amazing mother figures my life.  They epitomize Galatians 5:22-23 because their love and dedication show me what it means to be a woman of faith and be filled with the Spirit! They have been through many difficult situations and I just admire how resilient they are and how in spite of what they have been through they continue to strengthen their relationship with Christ because they live their lives knowing that they serve a God of purpose. 

Adriana and Aunt Luz (Tia Nikia)
Back in October 2004 when I got pregnant with my first born everyone thought that my life was over; and more importantly that I was never going to finish school.  Even though my family was devastated they continued supporting me; my aunts would always be willing to watch my girls so I could study, they even helped me pay for books when I didn't have money for them. Fast-forward 8 years and I stand with them at my College Graduation.  I can honestly say I have no idea where I would be if it wasn't for their amazing influence in my life so I have some special words for them:

To my Aunt Luz (Tia Nikia) I love you so much, more that I could ever express in words! YOU are an incredible woman of faith because you allow the negative things that happen in your life to not tear you away from God but to bring you closer to Him. I am so thankful for you and everything you do for me! Samantha and Leah love you so much and I feel so honored and blessed that my daughters get to have to opportunity to be influenced by you!


Aunt Consuelo (Tia Coti) and Adriana
To my Aunt Consuelo (Tia Coti) I love you with all of my life! I have never met someone who loves God and loves people as much as you do. I can't imagine my life without you because you are part of my heart! From the moment we meet (almost 28 years ago) we have had such a special bond that goes beyond aunt and niece but transcends into friendship. We laugh together, we cry together, we fight together but most importantly we love the Lord together and I am so grateful for your spiritual influence!  


So to both of my beautiful aunts THANK YOU and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment