Sunday, April 29, 2012

Z is for Zest, Zealous, and Zephaniah??

Sally Hagenhoff is the writer today.  Read and learn!!


 Z Z Z Z Z Z……………


Zealous- eager- there sure has been an absence of eager for anything in my life lately.  How about you?

Zest-gusto once again a wonderful word I would love to claim it but not always in my day.

Zero- absence of quality.

Okay what is going on…..?

So I Zero in on my life - looks like I have lost my aim in life.  The zest the gusto is gone that I once had…the passion….the eagerness to be involved in a passion…gone, gone, gone.

Have you ever had a time in life when you felt like that? Zapped of all that life has to offer?

 The word zigzag means to go back and forth.  So do I spend my time zigzagging through life? Maybe that is what my life looks like today.  But does it have to?  No!  I can choose. My life should always be about remembering how much God loves me.  That I have been chosen to be His child.  And He not the world wants to fill me with crazy zany, zesty, zeal for this life here as I look forward to my future home with Him.


Oh yes, I have plenty to keep me busy but I am finding that busy is not the problem it is all of those Z words.  Zany, zesty, zealous, that I am not claiming to be mine.  Yes, it all has to do with attitude and claim.
If this is where you are today you can claim this scripture the same as I can.  Remember it is a choice.

 Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

What a beautiful picture scripture paints for me. How very much I am loved by God that he would rejoice over me with singing,


Take a look around you for some of the Zero people that you might run into.  I know that they are out there.

Help zap them and turn them into zippy and zany people filled with zeal.  Give them back some zest so they can appreciate and claim and take to heart the words of Zephaniah.




4 comments:

  1. Sally, this really spoke to me. All through the winter and late spring, I struggled with these feelings of no purpose, and an overwhelming exhaustion. I had no idea of what to do about it, but the Lord brought me out of it. I thank Him and good friends for being there to continually lift me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there, too, Sally! No zest, no zeal, wondering what my purpose is, particularly now that my children are grown...

    Thanks for the Scripture from Zephaniah. It does help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for you kind comments.

    ReplyDelete