Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for Yield(ing)


Today's post is by Nicole Ro, who has some very timely word for busy moms.
Why is yielding so difficult? In my house the first thing that comes to mind is GO and STOP only if made to. But yield is almost never an option. Lately we have been practicing this concept of yield to our kids. It is a very slow process but at times they sometimes, very shortly remember. And when I thought about that I also thought about my walk as a child of God. Do I tend to just GO and do the things I want, or do I STOP just because I was forced to, while I’m pushing my way in? When all the while YIELD (in other words WAIT) should have been the action taken. When you “wait on the LORD He will renew your strength…run and not grow weary, you will walk and not faint.” When I realized that, things became much simpler.

God causes me to yield thru nature. When I’m in a hurry to do the things on The List. Yes, every one of us has a list. Going to the bank, taking the car for inspection, pick up 3 gallons of milk, eggs, cereal etc, and aspirin for the soccer and baseball practices that just happen to be across town from each other and you have 15 min to get him there, homework, dinner, etc. And in your chaos time you hear: “Mom, is there dessert tonight?” “No, get in the car we have to GO!” You’re running out to the car and you “JUST SO HAPPEN” to see this humming bird fluttering in your peonies, daylilies, and rose bushes. And you STOP! (don’t you just love those nuggets?) With all the STUFF that goes on around you God can use the simplest of things to cause us to YIELD and bring our focus back to where it should be. I’m still a work in progress and I need a little bit of buffing up still. I’m blessed with a HoneyBunny to drive that yield concept home. As we’re driving down Linton Hall or anywhere I hear, “wait Ms. Andretti, or not so close Mad Maxine.” Lol.   And in my yielding, my prayer life is growing.

 Just a little clip of my world. Maybe someone can relate, but if not I hope you will remember when you wait, ”Y”ield.   He promises to “renew our strength”, “run and not be weary”. 
How is God calling you to Yield?

Blessings to you all,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment