Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Purpose


Purpose, written by Emily Gaitonde.

 
A few months ago, my friend and I had a girls' weekend getaway in New York City.  While there, we took time to visit the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.  After walking around looking at walls and walls of art, we entered into an exhibit called the Music Room. Rows and rows of all kinds of musical instruments filled display cases on the walls, instruments from all over the world, some hundreds of years old.  What I noticed right away was the eerie sound of silence. Just as I thought to myself, how ironic that none of these instruments are being played, my friend turned to me and said the same thing! All these instruments were created for the purpose of being use to make music and now here they were, sitting in a locked case in a museum.  Immediately I thought of it in the spiritual sense of how we were made to praise the Lord with our lives, gifts and talents.  We were created for the purpose of knowing God and being in a relationship with Him.  We can use what He has given us to further His kingdom and then we can worship God and praise God for all He has done.  We were created for more than being on display in a case! We were made for a purpose!
 
 All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. Psalm 86:9


No comments:

Post a Comment