Monday, April 23, 2012

“T” is for Talkin’ Truth!


Lisa Fowler is the writer for the blog today.  


I have been thinking a lot lately about how truth has changed my life.  You might ask, “What truth is that?” and I am more than happy to tell you!  The truth is Jesus!  Christ in me.  He is the source of abundant life.  He alone meets all my needs.  In Him, I am loved, secure, accepted, worthy and adequate.
When I am resting in the truth, there is such peace.   When I’m not resting in Him as my life…there is just no peace, no comfort and no rest.  I begin striving to try and make things work (to get my needs met) instead of trusting in the truth that Christ is my source, my everything.  My feelings can get all messy but it doesn’t change the fact that this is true.  God loves me and adores me…even on my worst day!
Recently, I was sharing with a friend that I had a rough day.  The kind when you hear the words coming out of your mouth and you are thinking, “Am I really saying that out-loud?”  Remembering the unlovely things I had said, I was reminded of what my Mom use to say when we were growing up when the words flowing out of our mouths weren’t always so lovely.  She use to say, “Don’t talk trash!”   Well, I guess I talked some trash that day.  In sharing with my friend honestly and openly, there was no condemnation from her.  There was love and truth shared.  Trusting Christ in me (the Truth!) and having someone else trust Christ in me was not only encouraging, it was uplifting.  Isn’t it awesome that we can walk together in this life and not just trust Christ in us but in each other as well?!?  Shame would have had me crawling like a caterpillar but instead I can rest in the truth of Jesus.  It’s so refreshing!  Truth instead of trash…sounds good to me! 
We just finished up a LifeTrack course reading and discussing the book “The Cure”.  I loved this quote about what is true when we trust Jesus, “Nothing you believe and depend upon is more magnificently freeing than this single truth:  You are no longer who you were, even on your worst day.  Trusting and leaning upon “Christ in you” is the source of every shred of strength, joy, healing, and peace.” 
The truth is Jesus and we can trust Him and all He says about us and what He has done for us to be true.  He meets our every need and we can rest in Him.  Christ in us…how beautiful!!!

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”  Galatians 2:20



No comments:

Post a Comment