Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for I AM

Supplied by our own Jen Upmeyer.



Green Eggs & I AM
Written by Sylvia Gunter
Borrowed from SHINE Girls blog




My name? I am. I am, I AM, I AM, I am.

I am here, I AM there, I AM everywhere.

Father, Son & Spirit are we.
We are one, but we are three.

I am here, I am there, I AM everywhere

One in Three, and Three in One
Jesus is God, Jesus is Son.
Spirit’s Power, Father’s Plan,
Nail scars in the Son’s pierced hands.

“What”, you exclaim, “How can that be?”
Shh, my child, just rest in me.

I will not be put in a box. I will not let you worship an ox.
I created it all: the family, the mountain, the tree.
We created it all so you could grasp the “we”.
I will call you here & there,
And I will go with you everywhere

I am here, I am there, I AM everywhere.

Confused, uncertain, and having doubt?
Give up now, you won’t figure it out

Father, Son, & Spirit are we.
We are one, but we are three.

Adonai, Yahweh, Savior, Friend-
The aspects of me never end.
I will not be defined by just one name,
But I will love you just the same.

So what should you do?
 How should you react?
Learn enough truth to guard against attack.
Then let go of questions like WHY?
And raise your voice in praise to the sky.

Never to leave is my Promise to you
Stay focused, listen to me, and follow through.
Wherever I lead, wherever you go,
I’ll be there too, just continue to grow.

I am, I AM, I AM, I am

On a train, in the rain,
In a box, with a fox
On a boat, with a goat
Anywhere, everywhere you may go.
I am, I AM is all you need to know.


1 comment: