Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Family

Maria Willis is the writer for the blog today. 


I miss my family! I went from a house full to a house empty. But the fact is, we will always be family, no matter where everyone is. The Willis family is a close family. I don’t know exactly why we are all so close, but here are some things that I feel helped in our closeness. We never compared our kids to each other, but loved them for their own uniqueness & abilities. We encouraged them to be happy for each other for their accomplishments. We did fun things together and encouraged them to do fun things together too. If I had to give good parenting advice other than worshiping and praising God as a family, it would be to spend lots of time with your children and show a true interest in the things that they are interested in. It wasn’t always peaceful in our household and we had our fair share of sibling fights, but strongly encouraging them to apologize to each other and that they needed to make amends before night fall because that was pleasing to God. And if I was at fault, I would apologize to them, teaching them that a parent sometimes falls short and needs to make amends as well. This is also a good verse for a Husband/Wife relationship as well as any relationship you may have;

“Be angry and yet, do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your anger. And do not give the devil an opportunity.” Ephesians 4:26-27

Being around my family is always such a joy! Listening to their laughter is priceless. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment