Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Walking and Trusting


When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word
What glory He sheds on our way
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

Have you ever had a week that exploded in responsibilities and left you spinning mentally? You might be thinking, "How will I ever make this happen?" or "What was I thinking to agree to all of these things?" I'm having one of those weeks and have caught myself wondering over and over again at the logistics of it all. How can I possibly be at two simultaneous track meets in two different locations, important events to two of my sons, and joy of joys...attend an awards ceremony too? All on the same day at the same time?

You might be waiting for the big answer in case you're having a similar week. Paula's gonna tell me how to manage it all. All I know is this...I can't manage it all on my own. God is here to help me with the stress, the anxiety, and my need for control. So, I've prayed that He would get me where I need to be, at the time I need to be there, and that I would make these commitments with a smile on my face and in my heart. (We girls can sometimes paste the smile on our faces when there's a big old frownie face in our hearts, can't we?)

Wednesday will come and go and at the literal end of the day, when I lay my head on the pillow, I can praise the Lord for helping me step by step. When we walk with the Lord, and we trust and obey, He abides with us and we can be happy in Jesus. That's what the song says and that's what God's word says.


1 comment:

  1. I loved your sharing of your thoughts in this blog. I think of the many times I have been there and will be there again. All I have to do is remember the words to that old hymn and Trust and Obey. Sounds to simple. Thank you for the reminder. Yes, be happy in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete