Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Super Mom Syndrome








Thare MANY busy moms in our area - I'm one, as are most of my friends. Between sports, school, carpools, birthday parties and other social events, play dates, family events.... I really don't know how we find time for it all! So, why is it that we're so afraid to ever ask for help? Are we afraid that to look like we can't handle it? I realized last week that I was having one of those moments - I had Super Mom Syndrome! You know, when you are juggling so many things at once, you don't hesitate to complain about it, but you also refuse to ask for help. Ever been there? I was stressed, wasn't sleeping well and knew that something had to give........ but what??? All of the things I was juggling were important, so now what?



By the end of lst week I was at the end of my rope. I got in bed, exhausted, and just layed in the dark praying. I was reminded of a simple bible verse -- Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." My first thought was, "Could it really be that simple?" But, as I prayed I did feel a sense of relief. I was reminded that God is there for me ALWAYS. I can talk to Him, vent my feelings, get everything off of my chest and He will love me through all of it, no matter what! No judgement, no resentment, and no making me feel badly about myself. And getting things off my chest really did help.



I don't have to carry this burden myself, what a relief!!! I don't have to be Super Mom! I am in God's hands. What could be more of a relief than that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment