Sunday, May 22, 2011

Book Swap Bonanza


Read any good books lately? My stack is teetering and I keep adding to it! But, does that stop me from looking for another good read? Not hardly!

I like talking books, and finding out what people are reading. I know there are others out there who feel the same and it's funny how we gravitate to each other, conversation spinning away as we seek to tell each other the important plot points, etc... Seems we can't get enough. I've even added the Kindle to my book arsenal and now my digital stack is growing!

The women of GLCC will be having a book swap on June 17th from 7-8:30pm in the multi-purpose room. Admission to the event is 5 gently used books, fiction or non-fiction, nothing too racy in nature (it is church after all;-) We're going to have some fellowship time, some snacks and then we get to shop for books that are "new" to us. You might find the very book you've been wanting to read and make a new friend at the same time. Win-win, right?

We'll do a children's table as well, so bring some to swap if you so choose.

What's in your teetering stack than you're looking forward to reading?
(bookshelf in my family room)

3 comments:

  1. Ha...my stacks are teetering as well. Book swap sounds like fun, but how will I ever decide which books to part with???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! My weakness is those Christian Romance Novels. Dad always laughs at me for reading such "nonsense". I told him if I'm going to escape this crazy world and enter into another one for a while it's going to be a happy world where a handsome coybow is rescuing his love from a bucking bull or something equally romantic and ooey gooey :) I'm not one to have my escape be a book where everyone is dying and the world is in shambles... I get that on the news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this, but it's going to be so hard to pick 5 books to get rid of. I'm a book keeper. I waited 31 years to have a library in my home because I can't seem to get rid of my books. It's my favorite room in my home now. :)

    ReplyDelete