Thursday, September 15, 2011

God's Grace

I wrote this poem one year after the World Trade Center attack on Sept. 11, 2002. I shared it in Connect Group on 9/11/11 and wanted to share it with you all as well. I hope it stirs your hearts and gives you hope.

God's Grace

As I sit and watch the world outside
I seem to look with new bright eyes.
The trees are bowing with such grace and poise
And God speaks through the trees with a soft and tender voice.

Listen carefully as they rustle and sway
You, too, might hear what God has to say.
This world was not meant for such hurt and sorrow
Trust me today and I'll give you tomorrow.

As I sit with a kitten on my lap
And a kicking child in my womb
God reminds me
This world was not meant for doom.

He willingly gave his life for me
My decision to live for Him was His plea.
Take a moment just to pause
For you dear child are a worthy cause.

Your life is a light so let it shine
Although this world may not be kind.
In your heart this you must know
My son awaits to welcome you home.

Your life is but a season
And I alone hold the reason.
Stand high like the trees
And still be able to bend upon your knees.

- Sharon Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment