Thursday, July 26, 2012

Don't be Discouraged

My heart has been heavy for a while now.  So many friends and acquaintances are going through such scary things and every day someone new is added.  Have you ever felt like the Titanic is sinking and  you're bailing with a teaspoon?  That's sort of how I feel, overwhelmed and worried, and fretful for my friends.


I read this today.  It's from Jesus Calling and I think it sums up what to do quite well.  I hope it brings you a measure of peace the way it did me.

I AM ABOVE ALL THINGS:  your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world.  When you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms.  This is the way of Peace, living in the Light of My Presence.  I guarantee that you will always have problems in this life, but they must not become your focus.  When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say "Help me, Jesus!" and I will draw you back to Me.  If you have to say that thousands of times daily, don't be discouraged.  I know your weakness, and I meet you in that very place.


Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus


Matthew 14:28-32  28 Peter said to Him, "Lordif it is You, command me to come to You on the water." 29 And He said"Come !" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus30But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lordsave me!"31 Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faithwhy did you doubt ?" 32 When they got into the boat, the wind stopped.


No comments:

Post a Comment