Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Grown Up Princess


Kristy Babb tells of her evening at the Father Daughter Banquet with her "date" Pastor John Stroud.....

Pastor John or better known in my life as "Uncle John" has been the lead male role model in my life. He taught me the characteristics of a true gentleman and what I should be looking for in the ideal mate at a very young age. Although only 10 yrs older he is much of a father figure to me.

Sooo when invited to be his guest at the Daddy/Daughter banquet at GLCC in 2007, 2008 and 2009 I had little hesitation. I was excited to dress the part of the princess, admire the unbelievably detailed decor, enjoy a wonderfully prepared candle lit dinner and dance the night away with all of the other little princesses. Just watching the little girls gaze at their daddies was enough for me but to actually be one of those little princesses is a memory that I will never forget. I will gladly say yes every year invited (although all of these pregnancies and February deliveries have somehow taken priority for now.)

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry, Doober! I love you so much, and I would have loved to dance with you- even though 8 months pregnant. Wouldn't we be a pair? Me and my broken shoulder, and you a beautifully expectant mommy!

    I can't wait until little Conlin John Babb joins our tribe next month. I'm so thankful that you've done so much better with this pregnancy. It's a huge answer to prayer.

    Love,

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete