Saturday, March 31, 2012

The "to do" List


John is gone for the weekend with my youngest. They went camping and I'm sure they're having the manly times of their lives. My oldest is working double shifts and the middle is off at school, so I'm here with Daisy contemplating my day. I have plans on top of plans of what to do to fill my time. There is that stack of books I've been meaning to read....oh, but there's that stack of laundry spilling from the laundry room. There are the cute craft projects I've wanted to do to celebrate Spring, but the toilets need scrubbing and the dust bunnies are planning a revolution. I sat down to read a bit and looked at the devotion for April 1 which is tomorrow. God has a way of speaking a few words to me and hitting home every time.

From Jesus Calling....April 1....
Talk with me about every aspect of your day, including your feelings. Remember that your ultimate goal is not to control or fix everything around you; it is to keep communing with Me. A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day. Do not let your to-do list (written or mental) become an idol directing your life. Instead, ask My Spirit to guide you moment by moment. He will keep you close to Me.

There you have it. My list vs. what God would have me do. As always, when I read His words and study His ways, my ways change for the better. I'll keep you posted as to what He directs me to do, but whatever it turns out to be, I'll be staying in touch with Him as I go.

What's on your list today?

1 comment: