Monday, November 19, 2012

Renewed Health, Renewed Strength, Renewed Faith!

Today's post is by Suzanne VanDyke.

In the spring of 2009 I had just come out of one of the toughest seasons of my life. After struggling through a rare gynecologic cancer, I was finally cancer free! The chemo drugs had worked and I finally felt like I had my body back. I felt like I could be a wife and a mother again without my health holding me back. I also found myself yearning for a way to honor my faith and thank God for bringing me through this trial. This is when God brought Body & Soul fitness into my life. God showed me a renewed strength as my body felt stronger and my faith grew stronger at the same time. I also found a way to spend time with my Mother and sister outside of a traditional "health club" where everyone can participate. Regardless of fitness level, or where you are in your own faith, Body & Soul has something for everyone. We are blessed with one of the most caring and challenging instructors, Mrs. Linda Seagears. Linda has a God given ability to challenge individuals at their own unique levels in both faith and fitness. Many bonds and lasting friendships have formed and have made Body & Soul not just an exercise class, but a true blessing in my life. Last week we talked about the scripture, “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning” (Psalm 30:5). No matter where you are God desires for you to experience joy. Body & Soul has been a joy to me and I'm so thankful for the continued blessings of this ministry. P.S. Come give Body & Soul a try at "Turkey Boot Camp" this Monday, November 19th at 7pm. Regular classes meet every Monday at 7pm and Wednesdays at 5pm in the Grace Life Community Church Gym:)

No comments:

Post a Comment